Sunday, July 11, 2004

In a Class of My Own: Useless Facts About This Blog

As near as I can tell from several searches on the web, I run the only two weblogs that regularly touch on topics in early modern philosophy.

In a Yahoo! search for "Siris," Siris came up #8. (Blast that Smithsonian Institute Research Information System!) For "Houyhnhnm Land" H.L. came up #2 (after Gulliver's Travels, of course). On Google, "Siris" turned up Siris in the #10 position. I am inclined to think that neither of these will be common search terms.

Searching for "Lady Mary Shepherd" Google gives Siris on the third page. Two of my class webpages turn up earlier. As near as I can tell, this weblog is the only source on the web for any information about Lady Mary Shepherd's philosophical work that goes beyond the Thoemmes Press entry by Jennifer McRobert. I hope in the next few days to continue my discussion of Lady Mary Shepherd's causal theory, so Siris is the happening place for Shepherd studies. More credit for me!