Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Election Question for Non-U.S. Readers

On my New Mexico ballot for this past election, these were the things I had to vote for:

1) President/Vice President ticket
2) U. S. Representative
3) Justice of State Supreme Court (one to elect)
4) Justice of State Supreme Court (two, whether to retain)
5) Judge of the Court of Appeals
6) State Senator
7) State Representative
8) Public Regulation Commissioner
9) District Judge (two)
10) District Attorney
11) County Commissioner
12) County Clerk
13) County Treasurer
14) Director of Flood Control Authority
15) Bond questions (five)
16) Amendments to the State Constitution (three)

I'm just curious; for those who vote in elections other than those in the U.S., what sort of choices do you vote for when you go to the polls each election (and how many)? I realized recently that I probably just assume that people in other nations face similar sorts of choices, but never having voted in any other elections, I wouldn't actually know.