Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Philosophers' Carnival VI

The newest Philosophers' Carnival has been up for a bit. My contribution was my set of notes on Aquinas's First Way; there were one or two others I could have contributed, but because that one came amid a deluge of posts for the St. Catharine's Day Pageant, I chose it, in case it deserved a wider hearing. And I've already gotten some excellent comments from Clayton Littlejohn, which I'll have to think over and to which I'll have to respond when I've done so. A brief foretaste: I don't think Aquinas holds a transmission theory of causation; I'm glad it was brought up, because I think it is a common misinterpretation. But I'll have to get to that later tonight or tomorrow. There are several other good posts, including one on Behe's design argument (I think it goes a little too quickly in one or two places, but it does a good job of laying out, in a clear, concise way, the questions the argument raises). Go over and see.