Friday, December 02, 2005

Catching Up

I've been busy, and so most of the things I've been posting have been things that were already in the works in one form or another. Some catching up.

December 1st was Blog Against Racism Day; people are still trying to collate all the different participants (see milkriverblog and the trackback list at Creek Running North for a sample) -- in excess of 200, it seems, and since a few are posting belatedly, it can only increase. Naturally it will take a while to run through even a fraction of them. Amanda Marcotte's post on stereotypes at "Pandagon" seems to be a particular favorite for reflection. Strictly speaking I didn't do any blogging on the day, but I had a relevant post the day before, in which I linked to various discussions of racism in the context of modern philosophy (Hume and Kant in particular).

Speaking of which, Chris of Mixing Memory has, after a long absence returned to blogging with some posts for the occasion. Glad he's back.

I missed that "Ralph the Sacred River" had its blog-birthday on Wednesday. Congratulations on that!

I've promised a further post on the issue of miscompassion; that will be coming along in the next few days, although I don't know precisely when.

Clark has put up one of my favorite stories about a saint. It gives a slightly different perspective on the jolly old fellow.

And if you haven't done it yet, you should still stop by History Carnival XXI. I submitted a post at Houyhnhnm Land on Lady Mary Shepherd.