Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lemonade Days

Last week Will Duquette of "The View from the Foothills" gave me a Lemonade Award. Thanks, Will!

It's one of those award memes; the rules are:

1) Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
3) Link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5) Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.


I'm going to pretty much disregard the rules entirely, but I thought I would take the time to point out some blogs that I think are especially great, and especially recommend for blog reading this summer.

(1) Rebecca Writes: Rebecca Stark's blog has been one of the longest-lasting blogs on my blogroll, and probably the one that has been most consistently good. There's a unique and excellent blend of things that has remained steady throughout the years: Calvinist theology, hymnology, life in the Yukon.

(2) The Little Professor: Miriam Burstein discusses things Victorian and academic. You will learn things you never expected about novels you've never heard of, new insights into novels you have heard of, and droll commentary about miniseries about novels everyone has heard of. And Miriam has always been good at mixing the erudite and snarky.

(3) Gypsy Scholar: Horace Jeffery Hodges seems to do a little of just about everything: literature, history, religion, politics, life in the Ozarks, life in South Korea. There's always something worth reading in this abundance of riches.

(4) Ghulf Genes: Arsen Darnay reflects on the world, drawing on an extraordinarily diverse experience. This is one of the newer blogs on my blogroll, but so far I've enjoyed it considerably.

Others could be added; but these I think are ones I would recommend fairly generally: you're almost bound to like at least one of them.