Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back

Well, I'm back in Austin, having had a good Christmas. Arsen's dystopian post on airline security is a bit too true, but it's surprising how quickly you can move through security if you have early flights. I saw several movies over the holiday, including the new Sherlock Holmes (you'll like it, more or less, if you approach it more as a comic book movie starring Sherlock Holmes than as a Sherlock Holmes movie), and went skiing at Red Lodge. I re-read Flynn's Eifelheim, finished Tolkien's The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún, and did some reading in the Berquist translation of Aquinas's commentary on Aristotle's Posterior Analytics. You can expect some posts on some or all of these things, but for now I'm tired, and I am going to get in bed and re-watch the first season of Battlestar Galactica. Go Roslin!